Health care is changing, and it???s our goal to create a new model to answer America's health care challenges today and in the future. Our passionate and talented teams will be the change on the health care landscape in our communities ??? big and small. If taking access and delivery from complex to easy, from costly to affordable and from unpredictable to reliable sounds interesting to you, we want to hear from you.
As a Guest Service Liaison at our BMG New River Trails Glendale Clinic, you will be one of the very first people to welcome patients or their families into our facility! As their first point of contact you will be completing their temperature check, providing them with masks (if needed), and assisting them with completing any COVID related forms before helping them with any additional needs. Typical tasks may include answering questions, providing directions, escorting patients to appointments or keeping lobby area clean and sanitized.. This is a customer service oriented position and allows for great exposure into the healthcare world!??
This is an extended hours clinic Mond-Thurs 7a-7p, Fri 8a-5p, Sat 8a-1p, so candidates must be available to work a 26 hour work week with any of these shifts during the week: 6:30a-3p, 10:30a-7p, 8:30a-5p (F), ????Fri hours are- reduced if working Saturdays (which are rotated during the month)
Location: Banner New River Trails-7701 W Aspera Blvd. Glendale AZ 85308
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with providing concierge service to patients, provides a high level of customer service to assist way finding. Acts as a local resource to visitors and ensures a pleasurable and safe environment for patients and guests.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Meets, greets and assists patients and guests and provides general information regarding the services, the facility, and geographical area.
2. Responds to special requests from our patients, customers and guests. Makes special arrangements to ensure unique needs are met. Assist patients and guests with scheduling transportation or other services as needed.
3. Gathers, summarizes and provides information to patients and their guests about the property and surrounding area amenities and establishments.
4. Coordinates patient needs with other departments/areas. Contracts appropriate individual or department as necessary to resolve patient's requests.
5. Coordinates access to the care delivery area, performs visitor authorization procedures, serves as a liaison between visitors and staff, relays visitor concerns to staff, and coordinates visitor support services.
6. Answers phone, transfers calls, takes messages and relays messages and information as needed.
7. Provides tours of the facility and walks customers to appropriate areas within the facility.
8. Performs functions within established parameters. Customers include patients, families, and the community at large. Expected to perform daily work duties with minimal supervision based on training and policies provided. Expected to assist with patient and guest inquiries to ensure a positive experience.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Must have the ability to handle ongoing face-to-face contact with patients, guests and staff. Must possess excellent oral communication, as well as listening skills to effectively interact pleasantly and calmly with patients, guests and staff. Employees working at Banner MD Anderson on the Banner University Medical Center Phoenix campus must possess a State of Arizona Department of Public Safety Level One Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment. This is a requirement of the Whole Family Counseling Program held at this specific facility.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.