Helping nurses help patients. At Banner Health, nurses spend less time on paperwork and more time with patients. If you want to make a difference in people???s lives ??? and your own ??? this could be the opportunity you???ve been waiting for
The Women, Infants and Pediatric Services Department at Banner Ironwood Medical Center focused on providing family centered care. The Women and Infants Services are ??all in one department specialized for a family-centered healing environment.??Level II facility with 24 hour coverage provided by Obstetricians, Certified Nurse Midwives, Neonatologists, and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners; in addition to 24 hour in-house coverage by Anesthesia. There is a Certified Lactation Consultant to help support breastfeeding along with the observation of the ???Golden Hour??? at birth where baby is skin to skin with mom for bonding. This unit serves low to moderate risk patients with private rooms,??Labor, delivery, and recovery for vaginal deliveries all in the same LDR room, approximately 90 deliveries per month, two OR suites for scheduled and unscheduled cesarean sections, and additional operative procedures in the immediate postpartum period, room service for meal delivery. We have 8 LDR rooms, each with a special area just for the family support, 2 OR suites,??2 bed PACU, 4 bed triage unit, 6 bed Special Care Nursery, 23 Postpartum rooms, and 6 bed pediatric unit.
The Lactation Department at Banner Ironwood Medical Center provides lactation support to the Women and Infant Services Department, Special Care Nursery and throughout the hospital as needed.???? The level II Special Care Nursery consists of a 6 bed unit that cares for newborns requiring additional care and support. The level II Women???s Center at Banner Ironwood Medical Center consists of a Postpartum Mother-Baby department that delivers professional and compassionate care to the mother baby dyad from birth until discharge.?? Our Mother-Baby unit cares for up to 11 postpartum couplets with a family-centered focus.?? If you are an RN Lactation Consultant who is passionate about support breastfeeding, loves teaching and can provide an excellent patient experience at every touch point, there is no better time than now to be a part of our team.??
Our certified lactation consultants focus on preventive care to promote successful breastfeeding from the start and act as a resource for outpatient breastfeeding questions and concerns.????This position will have rotating hours to provided limited support to night shift.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assesses, plans, implements, evaluates and documents nursing care of patients in accordance with organizational policies and in accordance with standards for professional practice and certification. The position utilizes specialized knowledge, judgment, and nursing skills necessary to assess data and plan, provide and evaluate care appropriate to the physical and developmental age of assigned patients. This position delivers lactation education and provides individualized direct patient and family education. Works in coordination with staff to select and deliver current patient education materials based on identified needs. Provides community and staff education in the specialty area of lactation. Acts as subject matter expert for patients and staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assesses patient physical, psychological, social, spiritual, educational, developmental, cultural and discharge planning needs. Reviews patient history and physical with patient/family and assures completion within appropriate timeframe. Reviews available information obtained by other health care team members. Completes assessment and reassessments according to patient need and outlined in policy.
2. Provides care and works collaboratively with patients, family and staff to formulate individualized lactation plans of care, education and intervention.
3. Delivers continuing education programs related to lactation. Suggests updates to educational materials based on needs assessment, advances in theory and technology as well as changes in standards of care related to lactation.
4. Formulates a plan of care, including the discharge plan, utilizing assessment data and patient, family and health team input. Initiates a plan of care based on patient-specific needs, assessment data and the medical plan of care. Goal for patient are realistic, measurable and developed in conjunction with the patient/family.
5. Implements the plan of care through direct patient care, coordination, delegation and supervision of the activities of the health care team. Provides care based on physician orders and the nursing plan of care, in compliance with policies and procedures, standards of care, and regulatory agency requirements. Promotes continuity of care by accurately and completely communicating to the caregivers the status of patients for whom care is provided.
6. Evaluates the patient???s and family???s response to care and teaching, and revises the plan of care as needed. Evaluates patient progress toward goals and expected outcomes in collaboration with other health care team members. Evaluates patient???s response and effectiveness of patient teaching. Provides ongoing support for mothers, newborns and staff related to lactation.
7. Documents assessments, planning, implementation and evaluation in the patient record.
8. Provides care based on the best evidence available and may participate in research activities within clinical practice. Participates in unit or facility shared leadership. Interacts and participates in the education, role development, and orientation of facility personnel, patients, students, families and visitors. Promotes/supports growth of others through precepting and mentoring when appropriate.
9. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Also works with clergy to provide spiritual support. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
Current RN licensure in state of practice. IBCLC, CLC, CBC or CBS certification required. Current BLS certification required. Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certification must be obtained within six months.
Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Must maintain clinical performance competencies.
Pool/per diem positions require a minimum of one year of lactation consultant experience in a WIS environment or setting.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS BSN preferred. One year of experience preferred. Experience in an inpatient WIS environment is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.??
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.