Your Journey with us began the moment you made the choice to seek a career with Banner Health. Whether you are just beginning your career or your Journey has spanned 30 years, Banner's employer commitment is: "We'll help make a difference in your life and career so you can make a difference in the lives of others.???
Take flight in your career with Banner Health by applying for this innovative critical nursing position. As a Flight RN, you will be stationed at one of four bases located in Arizona and work with highly experienced flight medical crews to provide care to critical patients. Join us in this startup endeavor that will create a legacy for emergency transportation.
We have Full Time roles working 2 24hr shifts a week, at our Ironwood, Casa Grande & Payson locations. Roles include both Float & Relief roles.
POSITION SUMMARY This is a Rotor Wing Transport RN who provides comprehensive emergent/critical care to and/or stabilizes chronically and acutely ill or injured patients before and during transport to hospital facilities.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Provides care and transport for critically ill or injured patients of all age groups. Independently assesses patients, intervenes with medications and procedures and provides care to maximum outcomes.
2. Collaborates with other health team members to provide continuity of care.
3. Communicates effectively while working with internal and external customers including hospitals, EMS, and police and fire departments.
4. Completes annual education requirements as outlined in the annual education requirements document.
5. Performs advanced procedures with appropriate training and competency validations. Procedures include, but are not limited to: chest tubes, central lines, I/O placement, cricothyrotomy, and intubation.
6. Performs all physical requirements of the job in confined spaces, during potentially adverse environmental conditions.
7. Interacts with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families and external contacts, such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies, concerning the health care of the patient. Interacts with other health care providers in numerous settings in order to report and ask for or clarify information. Synthesizes and prioritizes data from multiple sources to provide support for the human response of the patient and family to changes in health status.
Must possess a current, valid RN license in the state of hire.
Colorado Employees Only: RN license needs to include the enhanced nurse license compact and a valid Kansas RN license will need to be obtained upon hire.
Colorado Employees Only:
Current Certifications required upon hire include: ACLS, PALS and BLS. NRP, STABLE, ABLS, and NIHSS certifications will be required within six months of hire. TPATC, Impella and CFRN/CCRN (or CEN) certification is required within one year of hire. Minimum of three years of Critical Care nursing (ICU/MICU/SICU/NICU). Emergency Department and outpatient critical care are excluded.
Arizona Employees Only:
Current Certifications required upon hire include: ACLS, PALS and BLS. NRP must be obtained prior to assuming clinical responsibilities. CFRN, TPATC or equivalent, and STABLE required within 18 months of hire. Minimum of three years Critical Care and/or Emergency Department experience.
Maintain flight duty weight of less than 230 lbs.
Must have training and competencies in advanced procedures such as: central line placement, advanced airway, chest tube placement, arterial lines, umbilical lines and other advanced procedures. Relates throughout the interview process the experience, training and education needed to perform the job. Must have the ability to demonstrate critical thinking skills and autonomous practice as evidenced by successful completion of testing throughout the interview and orientation process. Must be willing to complete a survival training exercise which includes overnight survival in outdoor conditions. Must have the ability to remain flexible and work in various adverse conditions, such as weather, excessive heat, cold, high altitude, MCI and rural areas.
Bachelor???s degree preferred. Rotor wing/fixed wing/ground critical care transport experience desired.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.