Patient Financial Services Claims Representative Local Remote
Location: Mesa, Arizona
Internal Number: R95146
8-10 WEEKS IN-OFFICE TRAINING 8:00AM - 4:30PM - DUE TO THIS YOU MUST LIVE IN OR NEAR MESA, ARIZONA. AFTER TRAINING FLEXIBLE START TIMES
A rewarding career that fits your life. Those who have joined the Banner mission come from all walks of life, united by the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Banner Health currently has openings for Patient Financial Services Claims Representatives.
The Patient Financial Services (PFS) department includes:
Commercial Insurance/Contracts Division
AHCCCS, Blue Cross, Tricare, VA, Work Comp and Audits Division
The PFS Department is responsible for the timely and accurate billing and collections of revenue based on CMS guidelines, payer contracts and federal regulations. We strive to create an environment that engages employees to produce at the highest level and recognition for their accomplishments. All individual and team work assignments are designed to collectively meet Banner???s goals emphasizing excellent customer service and making a difference in our customer???s lives.?? ????
PFS Rep Day to Day Responsibilities:??
PFS Representatives are responsible for accurate billing of services rendered, timely and accurate collection of expected reimbursement. Once the payer has satisfied the expected reimbursement any patient responsibility balance is billed to the patient. ??These functions are accomplished by:
Review of Initial claims to ensure clean claim submission
Review and follow up on billed claims to investigate reason for payment delays or denials by contacting the payer or researching the payer website
Calling payers to verify receipt of claims, what is needed to resolve unpaid accounts, short paid claims and/or other complex denials
Take incoming calls from patients to assist with resolving their Commercial Insurance questions as well as self-pay balances ????
Clear documentation of all work activity in the Ms4 account to ensure continuity throughout the entire revenue cycle?? ??
Please note: This is a requisition for various Patient Financial Services Representative positions that are open at the??Banner Corporate Center - Mesa.?? During the application process, you will have the opportunity to apply to multiple positions attached to this requisition.?? Applicants will be considered accordingly.
POSITION SUMMARY This position coordinates and facilitates patient billing and collection activities in one or more assigned areas of billing, payment posting, collections, payor claims research, and other accounts receivable work. Works as a member of a team to ensure reimbursement for services in a timely and accurate manner.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. May be assigned to process payments, adjustments, claims, correspondence, refunds, denials, financial/charity applications, and/or payment plans in an accurate and timely manner, meeting goals in work quality and productivity. Coordinates with other staff members and physician office staff as necessary ensure correct processing.
2. As assigned, reconciles, balances and pursues account balances and payments, and/or denials, working with payor remits, facility contracts, payor customer service, provider representatives, spreadsheets and the company???s collection/self-pay policies to ensure maximum reimbursement.
3. May be assigned to research payments, denials and/or accounts to determine short/over payments, contract discrepancies, incorrect financial classes, internal/external errors. Makes appeals and corrections as necessary.
4. Builds strong working relationships with assigned business units, hospital departments or provider offices. Identifies trends in payment issues and communicates with internal and external customers as appropriate to educate and correct problems. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to these internal clients.
5. Responds to incoming calls and makes outbound calls as required to resolve billing, payment and accounting issues. Provides assistance and excellent customer service to patients, patient families, providers, and other internal and external customers.
6. Works as a member of the patient financial services team to achieve goals in days and dollars of outstanding accounts. Reduces Accounts Receivable balances.
7. Uses systems to document and to provide statistical data, prepare issues list(s) and to communicate with payors accurately.
8. Works independently under general supervision, following defined standards and procedures. Reports to a Supervisor or Manger. Uses critical thinking skills to solve problems and reconcile accounts in a timely manner. External customers include all hospital patients, patient families and all third party payers. Internal customers include facility medical records and patient financial services staff, attorneys, and central services staff members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Requires knowledge of patient financial services, financial, collecting services or insurance industry experience processes normally acquired over one or more years of work experience. Requires the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously with minimal supervision and to work independently. Requires strong interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills to effectively interact with a wide range of audiences.
Strong knowledge in the use of common office software, word processing, spreadsheet, and database software are required.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Work experience with the Company???s systems and processes is preferred. Previous cash collections experience is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.