The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. Our team has come together with the common goal: Make health care easier, so life can be better.?? The future of health care starts here. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you. Apply today.
Medical imaging plays a pivotal role in the delivery of excellent patient care at Banner Health. From detection and diagnosis to the treatment of illnesses and abnormalities, Banner Health???s varied medical imaging and radiology services help physicians establish and execute individualized treatment plans.
This is a Full-Time position (36 hours) per week. Friday - Sunday 5:30PM - 6:00AM
Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential when applicable.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs procedures by following and verifying referring providers??? orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies if applicable.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to the radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic Technology program.
National Certification required from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT(R) or ARRT(NM)) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board (NMTCB (CNMT)).
State Licensure required for AZ, WY, NV; includes Radiography or Nuclear Medicine and CT license prior to hire (not required in Colorado).
Advanced Certification in Computed Tomography required within 18 months of hire from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists - ARRT(CT) or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board ??? NMTCB (CT).
Certification for BLS is required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with two years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.