** $10k Sign on Bonus and Relocation Available! **
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.??
Page offers spectacular red buttes and mesas set against cobalt skies, capped by miles of blue shoreline on Lake Powell. Cruise the clear blue-green waters on a panoramic boat tour, or rent water skis, or kayaks. Visit top-rated attractions like Horseshoe Bend, Antelope Canyon or the Navajo slot canyons. Play golf or enjoy nighttime entertainment great food, dancing, live music, and more!
Page Hospital emphasizes a uniquely holistic approach to recovery. The care provided to each patient goes beyond physical needs, caring for the person???s spiritual and emotional well-being in an environment uniquely designed for healing. As a Physical Therapist with Banner Out Patient Rehabilitation, you will work alongside our skilled Physical Therapy team that is willing to share and learn together. You will evaluate, develop plan of treatment and carry out treatment for a wide variety of outpatient diagnoses.?? You will cover inpatient hospital referrals as well.?? You may also be asked to assist with marketing.
Shifts for this role are, Monday through Thursday 8:00 ??? 6:00 PM and Fridays from 8:00 ??? 12:00 PM. There is infrequent holiday coverage and Friday afternoon coverage for any inpatient treatments.
If being part of highly skilled team that learns and grows with each other for the patients sounds like something you would like to be a part of, Apply Today!
Page Hospital has provided exceptional patient care to the people of Page and nearby northern Arizona communities since 1958. Today, our 25-bed Critical Access Hospital offers a wide range of medical services that include a Level IV Trauma emergency department, surgery, medical imaging, obstetrics, cardiopulmonary, acute care and rehabilitation. Page is a dynamic community that boasts spectacular vistas and convenient access to some of the nation's most popular recreational destinations, including Lake Powell, Glen Canyon Dam and the Grand Canyon. If you're looking for the opportunity to contribute to the health of a growing community while experiencing an exhilarating lifestyle, Page Hospital is the place.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the evaluation, planning, administration and supervision of Physical Therapy treatment in accordance with physician referral, state and national organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patient's functional abilities and limitations. Determines if intervention is needed. Establishes a plan of care and treatment goals. Completes comprehensive evaluation within the established time frame set by the department. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Establishes treatment goals that are functional, measurable, patient related and reflects the key limiting factors. Collaborates with patient and family/caregiver when setting goals. Initiates discharge planning. Recommends additions to or modifications of referring orders.
2. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Assesses ongoing effectiveness of treatment and modifies plan of care as indicated. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
3. Documents according to professional practice guidelines set by regulatory agencies. Documents legibly. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents evidence based and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects skilled intervention and comprehensive assessment of the patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates evaluation/treatment results and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Accepts responsibility to contact physicians for routine or difficult problem solving to ensure optimal patient outcome. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the PTA, ATC, Therapy Technician and student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Attends department required meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in departmental/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community provides and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, request or clarify information.
Must have graduated from an APTA accredited school of Physical Therapy, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy license within the State of practice. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job. Demonstrates through behaviors and answers to job related experiential questions. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Must have the ability to become proficient with computer software applications commonly used in an automated patient care environment. Patient care equipment, evaluation tools, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.