Banner Health believes leadership matters.?? We look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.????
Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities. Apply today, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.??
The RN Manager position is integral to managing Periop's clinical operations, budget, regulatory guidelines, and staff development.?? A strong influential leader is crucial to the continued success of perioperative services, supporting the patient experience, surgeon satisfaction, and excellence in surgical outcomes via a highly functional program which exceeds metrics.
This position is Monday - Friday, 40 hour work week with call requirement.
Banner Baywood Medical Center is a 332-bed hospital serving the health care needs of the dynamic and growing East Valley communities of metropolitan Phoenix, Arizona. We provide complete acute care services including cancer, stroke, women's health, rehabilitation, emergency medicine and surgery. In addition, our orthopedic unit has earned repeated recognition as having one of the Top 100 Orthopaedic Programs in the U.S. by The Health Network and HCIA, Inc.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plans and provides clinical support to patients and staff. Demonstrates clinical expertise of the assigned area. Provides leadership in clinical, financial, and personnel management within the department.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Oversees the operations of the unit to ensure smooth and efficient patient care management. Assures appropriate patient assignments to beds and staff. Completes daily rounding on patients and staff to ensure quality provision of care.
2. Manages the unit to ensure patient and employee satisfaction while promoting safety and retention. Serves as a real-time resource and assists with clinical expertise for unit staff and physicians for problem-solving on patients, processes, and family issues.
3. Coordinates quality initiatives and process improvements. Aligns and manages to metrics.
4. Develops leadership skills among staff including communication, decision-making problem-solving/critical thinking and employee engagement. Leads the development of staff and supports career advancement opportunities. Functions as a role model and encourages staff to participate in their own development.
5. Facilitates unit meetings and shared governance / leadership efforts.
6. Responsible for selection, orientation, on-boarding, and retention. Demonstrates leadership through coaching, performance evaluations, corrective actions, and development opportunities to create a culture of learning.
7. Assists in the development of the operational and capital budget, provides daily operational resource management including staff, supplies, and equipment, and ensures optimal productivity for the department.
8. Supervises clinical unit staff to ensure excellent patient care. Participates in activities that foster management skills while enabling staff to care for patients, determine schedules, edit time cards, research budget issues and order supplies. Internal customers include patients, staff, and physicians. External customers include patient family.
Must possess a strong knowledge and understanding of nursing and healthcare as normally obtained through the completion of a bachelor's degree in nursing. BSN required for all individuals entering the role effective 2/1/2016. BSN required for internal transfers/promotions within 6 months of transfer/promotion.
Requires a current RN license in state of practice. BLS Required. Additional certification or continuing education may be required based on area of practice.
Must possess at least 1-2 years of clinical experience relevant to patient population. Demonstrates knowledge and skills of specialty area. Requires critical thinking, communication, influence, decision-making, analytical, and flexibility skills to make optimal decisions based on multiple variables and desired outcomes. Requires the ability to balance clinical skills with supervisory authority. Must have the ability to consider the ultimate impact of decisions on the unit. Must have the ability to practice skills according to department and professional standards and quality requirements. Requires New Leader Experience certification within one year. Employees working at Banner Behavioral Health Hospital, BTMC Behavioral or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.