$30.84/hr - $51.40/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
$10k Sign on Bonus and Relocation Incentive Available
The future is full of possibilities. At Banner Health, we???re excited about what the future holds for health care. That???s why we???re changing the industry to make the experience the best it can be. If you???re ready to change lives, we want to hear from you.
The largest city in the northeastern part of the state, Sterling is a farm and ranch community with deep roots on the Colorado prairie. Sterling???s laid-back lifestyle makes it easy to explore a variety of outdoor and cultural activities, from boating, fishing and swimming in North Sterling State Park, to hiking, biking, golf, hunting-and-shooting sports or admiring unique public art.
As a Nuclear Medicine Technician at Sterling regional MedCenter, you will help work with our radiology team to provide excellent medical imaging services to our patients. This is a full-time position working days 8am-4pm. If you're looking to join a fantastic, close-knit team that supports growth and development, this role is for you - apply today!
Experience in other areas of Radiology such as CT, MRI, or US is preferred!
Sterling Regional Medical Center is a 25-bed acute care regional hospital serving northeastern Colo. with state-of-the-art technology and compassionate professionalism. Since 1938, we have provided exceptional care to meet the needs of northeastern Colorado and the surrounding area. We provide our patients with cutting-edge technology such as eICU, a remote monitoring system and our intelligent OB program, a computerized system designed to reduce the chance of complications during labor. We are also home to the David Walsh Cancer Center, which offers our community an unprecedented level of cancer care. In addition, we are one of Logan County's largest employers with approximately 300 employees and more than 20 physicians representing ten specialties. We have also been voted Best Employer in Northeastern Colorado for three years in a row.
POSITION SUMMARY This position performs prescribed procedures as directed by following department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Performs nuclear medicine procedures by following and verifying referring providers??? orders. Uses independent judgment and applies learned methodologies according to established policy and procedures.
2. Educates patients/families regarding procedure and/or treatment to be performed. Demonstrates professional behavior/conduct in all interactions; fosters teamwork, efficient use of resources and quality patient outcomes.
3. Produces high quality images and prepares/presents them with other pertinent patient information for timely interpretation. Prepares and maintains accurate documentation.
4. Demonstrates competence in performing prescribed invasive/interventional procedures if applicable in accordance with established policies. Demonstrates competence in the administration of radiopharmaceuticals and other approved medications.
5. Performs and evaluates equipment quality control measurements. Demonstrates the ability to trouble shoot and notifies appropriate personnel to maintain equipment performance. Maintains a safe environment for patients, personnel, and visitors. Adheres to safety policies. Ensures the safe receipt, administration, storage, and disposal of radioactive materials utilizing ALARA principles.
6. Accountable for the ethical, legal, and professional responsibilities related to radiology practice. This includes maintaining confidentiality of all work information.
7. Assures the efficient operation of workflow of the department. Monitors and maintains an adequate inventory of supplies and material to ensure non-interruption of services.
8. Independently performs prescribed procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols to patients. Internal customers: All levels of medical imaging and nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: regulatory and health agencies, patients and family members.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Certificate or diploma from an approved/accredited Radiologic/Nuclear Medicine Technology program.
Requires national certification from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists Nuclear Board and/or Nuclear Medicine Technology Certification Board or equivalent and licensure by the state regulatory agency if applicable. Advance certification by accrediting body in specialty required within 18 months of hire if applicable. BLS certification required.
This position requires clinical knowledge typically achieved with 2 years of experience. Must demonstrate effective communication skills, human relations skills, analyze data and solve problems.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.