Health care is constantly changing, and at Banner Health, we are at the front of that change. We are leading health care to make the experience the best it can be. We want to change the lives of those in our care ??? and the people who choose to take on this challenge. If changing health care for the better sounds like something you want to be part of, we want to hear from you.
Looking for a way to make a difference in a growing, prestigious, cutting-edge healthcare company? As part of our comprehensive care model, our Family and Community Services team sets out to provide critical education, counseling, support, life enrichment, and resources for patients and their families. This dynamic team is in search of a bright, empathic, highly professional Licensed Clinical Social Worker to help support our clinical team at Banner Sun Health Research Institute in Sun Cityto provide high-quality care, individual, family & group counseling, education and support programs to help patients and their families navigate through memory and movement disorders and find success in daily life.?? This position extends a rare opportunity to be part of an enthusiastic team, with a balance driven work schedule and offers a competitive wage.
In this role, you will be providing individual, family, and some group counseling to people, caregivers, and families living with memory or movement disorders. In addition, teaching educational classes and facilitating support groups as well. This is a Hybrid position with Banner Sun Health Research Institute in Sun City with some work from home if desired. In this role you would work a shift Monday - Friday 8-hour day shifts or the option for 4 ten-hour days. Banner will also pay for continuing education classes as well as renewal of licensure.
Your pay and benefits (Total Rewards) are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options, so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
Banner Research is at the leading edge in a new era of scientific discovery and innovation. Our basic and clinical research faculty turns ground-breaking research findings into new identification, treatment and prevention methods for diseases such as Alzheimer's, Parkinson's, Cardiovascular disease, Cancer and Orthopedics. We have an international reputation for our work and we provide outstanding access for patients to clinical trials. Our commitment to excellence allow us to make a difference in people's lives every day.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides comprehensive care coordination for patients and families, supporting a holistic and coordinated approach across the continuum of care. This position assesses psychosocial aspects of care adding to the treatment plan, providing individual and group psychotherapy, assists with disease management and education to enhance informed decision-making; collaborates with an interdisciplinary team to allow for timely treatment and increased supportive care throughout the patient/family experience. This position provides individual assistance to patients, families and caregivers to help identify and overcome barriers which may hinder quality medical and psychosocial patient care.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assesses and manages the patient/family plan of care for the identification and facilitation of resources required during the progression of the chronic condition in order to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
2. Acts in a leadership function with process improvement activities to develop and execute uniquely designed programs for dementia patients and families in order to achieve the optimal clinical, financial, operational, and satisfaction outcomes.
3. Assists the patient/family through the course of dementia using disease management precepts to provide ongoing education, psychosocial support and counseling to assist with adjustment for the patient and family.
4. Coordinates the plan of care using an interdisciplinary holistic approach, making appropriate medical, legal, social and financial referrals and consultations in coordination with physicians and other team members.
5. Ensures that the patient and family understand the dementia diagnosis, disease progression and behavioral strategies and recommended actions, and are provided with appropriate information in coordination with physician and health care providers. Responds to patient/family requests for ongoing information and education regarding the disease process, legal, financial and community resources including respite and residential care options to optimize outcomes. Supports the patient and family during difficult decision-making periods. Assists/facilitates the completion of patient health care directives providing education and emotional support to families.
6. Evaluates patient???s functional, cognitive and emotional abilities and limitations. Determines when intervention is needed. Establishes treatment goals that are measurable reflecting patient/family key limiting factors. Establishes and implements a plan of care to achieve treatment goals. Collaborates with patient and family when setting goal.
7. Educates internal members of the health care team on care coordination of dementia patients/families in the community. Participates in staff development to maintain current standards of practice and ensure the highest quality of care.
8. Establishes and promotes a collaborative relationship with physicians, payers, and other members of the health care team. Collects and communicates pertinent, timely information to payers and others to fulfill utilization and regulatory requirements.
9. This position works independently, with freedom to determine how to best accomplish functions within established procedures. This position confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. This position is facility-based with no budgetary responsibility. Internal customers include all levels of staff, including physicians. External customers include patients, families, employees of other healthcare institutions, physician offices, referring physicians, community providers and agencies, payers, provider networks, and regulatory agencies. This position requires making decisions related to patient care coordination throughout various facilities and with various specialty practices. Decision making required for treatment and standardization of care of patients. This position requires complex problem solving related to plan of care for evaluation, treatment, and discharge planning for patients.
Must possess knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Master???s Degree in Social Work with additional licensure in Arizona as a Licensed Clinical Social Worker required.
Requires a proficiency level typically achieved with 5 years clinical experience. Requires excellent organizational skills and clinical knowledge regarding specialty care services, as well as care coordination of services, legal and financial aspects of diagnostic services and health services in specialty area. Requires effective communication and writing skills, good time management skills and knowledge of word processing and database software applications. Requires the ability to teach both clinical and non-clinical personnel regarding care and diagnostics services. Also requires a good understanding of process improvement.
Must having a working knowledge of dementia care precepts. Has created individual and group treatment plans conducting both individual, family and group psychotherapy.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.