Great careers are built at Banner Health. We understand that talented health care professionals appreciate having options. We are proud to offer our team members many career and lifestyle choices throughout our network of facilities!
Banner Desert Medical Center has served the East Valley for almost 40 years. Located in Mesa, Arizona, we are one of the largest facilities with state-of-the-art technology throughout all departments. We provide unique and integrative therapies that focus on building a better quality of life for our patients and their support systems.
As the Physical Therapist Assistant, you will bring your experience and passion for health care to our acute care, rehab team!??Support for all areas of the hospital will be provided, including Med-Surg, Ortho, Neurology, Trauma, ICU/CCU, CVICU, ED and Observation. You will participate in the interdisciplinary therapy team along with nurses, physicians, and case managers to provide treatment plans delegated by the Physical Therapist. Your direct patient care skills will be utilized with the chance to work with adult and geriatric patient populations in this fast-paced setting. Experience with inpatient, acute care is preferred. ??
This is a full time, day shift opportunity working 5 8 hour shifts Monday thru Friday. This opportunity offers a rotating weekend schedule once every 4 weeks which is eligible for a flat rate $3/hour weekend shift differential.??
Located on an 80-acre campus in Mesa, Arizona, Banner Desert Medical Center is one of Arizona's largest and most comprehensive hospitals and is recognized by U.S. News and World Report as one of Phoenix's Best Hospitals. We provide an abundance of exceptional opportunities with more than 600 licensed beds, including over 100 dedicated to children. Areas of excellence include high-risk pregnancy and neonatal care, obstetrics and gynecology, pediatrics, cardiology, oncology and emergency medicine. With 21 operating rooms, we offer a full range of surgical specialties and advanced technology that includes the daVincir Surgical System. About Banner Children's Hospital at Desert If you desire to provide the best care possible to the most vulnerable patients, come to Banner Children's Hospital at Desert in Mesa, Ariz. Within our 248-bed, state-of-the-art facility, specially trained nurses, physicians and other clinical professionals utilize the most advanced technology - including iCare ICU monitoring and robotic surgery - to provide high quality, child-friendly, family-centered care. Our facilities feature a recently expanded 104-bed NICU, a 24-bed PICU, six pediatric ORs and a 26-bed ED. We also offer dedicated pediatric rehab, radiology, oncology and hematology capabilities. With clinical diversity, exceptional training programs and a supportive culture, this is a place where you can grow in your career as you help our very special patients.
POSITION SUMMARY This position is responsible for the administration of physical therapy treatment under the supervision of a Physical Therapist, in accordance with physician referral, state and local organizational standards, regulatory agencies, and established departmental policies and procedures. This position demonstrates the clinical competence and knowledge necessary to provide treatment appropriate to the age of the patients served.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Administers physical therapy treatment according to the plan of care established by the Physical Therapist. Implements individualized treatment plan with consideration to the patient's physical, social, spiritual, cultural, educational and age specific needs. Provides skilled treatment in a safe manner. Monitors ongoing effectiveness of treatment and collaborates with Physical Therapist in modifying the plan of care when indicated. Identifies and prioritizes key limiting factors. Participates in discharge planning. Involves patient and family/caregiver in the treatment and decision making process. Provides ongoing education to physician, nurse, patient, family/caregiver, and interdisciplinary team.
2. Demonstrates understanding of scope of practice. Documents communication with supervising Physical Therapist. Communicates any significant change in the patient's physical function, behavior, and/or tolerance to treatment to the supervising Physical Therapist. Makes recommendations to Physical Therapist on additions to or modifications of referring orders. Provides input to the Physical Therapist to modify/update treatment goals so they are functional, measurable, patient related and reflect key limiting factors. Refers patient when treatment requires skills of Physical Therapist.
3. Documents according to standards set by the department and regulatory agencies. Completes documentation within the established time frames of the department. Documents innovative and individualized treatment techniques/plan. Documentation reflects comprehensive assessment of patient's progress or lack of progress. Treatment goals are reassessed according to department policies.
4. Communicates pertinent patient information to ensure the best possible follow through of care. Communicates treatment results, and patient progress to physicians, nurses, patient, family/caregiver and the interdisciplinary team. Communicates in a clear and timely manner. Defends treatment rationale with standard practices and/or current literature.
5. Exhibits adaptability in assignments as it relates to caseload, scheduling, and staffing shifts. Takes initiative to assist in other patient care areas and accepts responsibility for all patient care needs.
6. Demonstrates appropriate supervision and delegation of personnel to achieve safe delivery of quality cost effective patient care. Supervision and delegation of the Therapy Technician and PTA student complies with department policies and regulatory agencies. Participates in the training and orientation of new personnel. Assures competency of personnel, prior to delegation of task.
7. Department operational activities. Attends required department staff meetings and/or follows up to obtain pertinent information. Participates in department/facility process improvement. Meets productivity standards set by the department.
8. This position has responsibility for interacting with all levels of staff in a variety of departments, physicians, patients, families, and external contacts such as employees of other health care institutions, community providers and agencies concerning the health care of the patient. Also interacts with the physician offices in order to report, requires or clarify information.
Must have graduated from Physical Therapy Assistant program accredited by APTA, or equivalent.
Must possess a current Physical Therapy Assistant license from the state seeking practice if required. BLS certification required.
Relates throughout the interview process their clinical competency, experience, training and education they have received that is required to perform the job.
Patient care equipment, and therapeutic modalities. Copier, multi-line/multi-feature telephone, fax machine, computer, pager, and miscellaneous office equipment. Employees working for Banner Home Care/Hospice or Boswell Skilled Nursing Facility must possess an Arizona Fingerprint Clearance Card at the time of hire and maintain the card for the duration of their employment.
For Banner Registry and Travel positions a minimum of one year experience working as a Therapy Asst is preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.