Help lead health care into the future. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, caring for people is at the core of all we do.?? We are committed to diversity, equity and inclusion.?? If you???re looking to leverage your abilities ??? you belong at Banner Health.??
As Lead of Banner???s Digital Design team, you will play a key role in the transformation of healthcare to be truly consumer focused and easy to access. The Sr. Director of Digital Design is part of Banner???s Digital Business group that leads the organization???s digital consumer experience, digital health and digital workforce strategies. You will be part of an innovative and growth-oriented team culture that values collaboration, creativity and great product design in a mission-driven, not-for-profit healthcare environment.
Core to this role is leadership of an exceptionally talented design team that has developed the industry???s highest rated health system app with a 4.8-star rating in the App Store and is a winner of the Nielsen Norman Best Intranet Design award for digital workforce experience. With a servant leader style, you will work with the team to create the highest level of digital product design while working with an advanced Design System and with the best design tools. You will collaborate with your team, customers, stakeholders and other Digital Business colleagues to envision and produce inspiring customer experiences.
Experience in healthcare is not required but strong empathy for healthcare customers is, as is a passion for teaming with others committed to making a better healthcare experience. If you want to make a difference in the healthcare, the stability and size of Banner Health is the place to do it. As one of the nation???s largest secular not-for-profit health systems, Banner has the strength and commitment to fulfill our mission to ???make healthcare easier, so life can be better.???
Your pay and benefits are important components of your journey at Banner Health. This opportunity includes the option to participate in a variety of health, financial, and security benefits. In addition, this position may be eligible for our Management Incentive Program as part of your Total Rewards package.Within Banner Health Corporate, you will have the opportunity to apply your unique experience and expertise in support of a nationally-recognized healthcare leader. We offer stimulating and rewarding careers in a wide array of disciplines. Whether your background is in Human Resources, Finance, Information Technology, Legal, Managed Care Programs or Public Relations, you'll find many options for contributing to our award-winning patient care.
POSITION SUMMARY This position plays a critical role in Banner???s drive to provide exceptional customer and patient centered experiences. She/he will lead a team of user interface and user experience designers and developers responsible for defining the company???s digital language and voice. This role will be responsible for defining new patterns, systems, and strategies that elevate design across a myriad of surfaces including web, native and voice, and innovate ways to connect emotionally and build trusted and lasting relationships with our patients and customers. The Director works with cross functional teams to set interactive digital design direction for the enterprise.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Leads a team of User Experience (UX) analysts, designers and other staff to develop digital consumer services to be delivered through multiple channels including web, mobile, voice, and emerging platforms. Creates an innovative, engaging and accountable team culture to drive creative and transformational business solutions in support of Banner???s customer focused mission and vision.
2. Engages in marketing and brand visual system strategy development and translate objectives into strategic, purposeful design. Provides oversight for digital product development with regard to overall UX and brand enhancement.
3. Provides thought leadership to the enterprise and drive Banner initiatives through the application of best practices to all customer facing digital services. Stays current with emerging digital design strategies and tools and inject them into Banner???s digital experience to keep products and services engaging and relevant to customers. Represents Banner in community and industry initiatives related to digital design.
4. Recruits and mentors an interactive design team, as well as actively promotes continual creative improvement across the company. Coaches and develops team members to assure valuable contribution and conduct talent mapping and succession planning.
5. Collaborates with cross functional partners including IT, Marketing, operational units and senior management to craft the best translation of the brand and Banner services into compelling interactive experiences. Provides individually and through team members, consulting services to the organization related to interactive design.
6. Leads work of team across to multiple key projects and efforts to prioritize work, manage workload and meet critical deadlines. Sets and manages expectations with stakeholders in design services.
7. Establishes enterprise standards, guidelines, style guides and other assets to assure continuity of experience across digital products. Communicates standards throughout the organization. Creates and manages department and project budgets, negotiate favorable contract and service terms with vendors and partners, and assure financial discipline in management of Banner resources.
8. Oversees the development, implementation and consistent application of effective organizational policies and practices. Participates in maintaining an effective internal control environment to ensure that assets are safeguarded, polices and operating procedures are followed, necessary controls are effective and efficient, proper compliance with existing laws and regulations achieved, and operations comply with legal and regulatory parameters in which it operates.
9. Partners with leadership throughout the system, regions and operational units. Interacts with all levels of the organization and provides guidance and consultation to leaders as related to digital consumer services strategy. The individual will approach work with a holistic system perspective and consider how efforts affect the entire organization. Internal customers include system leadership, hospital-based senior leadership, medical group and network leaders, and other leaders throughout the system. External customers include consumers, patients, visitors, practicing physicians and agency partners.
Performs all functions according to established policies, procedures, regulatory and accreditation requirements, as well as applicable professional standards. Provides all customers of Banner Health with an excellent service experience by consistently demonstrating our core and leader behaviors each and every day.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS Bachelor???s Degree in a relevant field or equivalent level of education and experience.
Expert-level working knowledge of principles, practices, and operations in assigned or related area of responsibility as normally obtained through a minimum of five years of progressively responsible managerial experience, including a minimum of two years management level experience within a healthcare system setting or large multi-operational, complex corporate environment. Must demonstrate expert-level knowledge and awareness of area of expertise in designated facility, business entity or area and/or experience in which the knowledge, skills, and abilities are directly transferrable. Proven track record of driving successful performance outcomes and accomplishing organizational goals. Must demonstrate skills and business acumen through direct leadership experiences such as: Anticipating and responding to the needs of internal and external customers; managing a budget and financial plans; building partnerships with management, staff, and stakeholders to achieve department goals and objectives; managing problems and situations where uncertainty is inherent; persuading others to adopt a particular stance on an issue; developing and evaluating best practices and emerging trends for organizational applicability and appropriateness; constructing new and innovative solutions for complex and varying problems and situations while considering the larger perspective or context; mentoring and coaching staff by providing open and honest feedback to enhance performance; developing and implementing strategic goals and initiatives that support organizational success; demonstrating excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills; demonstrating a passion about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to customers, patients, families, employees and/or physicians.
PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.