Explore and excel. At Banner Health, health care is a team effort. ??One might be surprised by the number of people who work behind the scenes and play a critical role in ensuring the best care for our patients. Apply today.
The Endoscopy unit supports inpatient and outpatient units by providing diagnostic and advanced procedures. The Peri-operative department surgical team is well known for our community focused culture and our collaborative team approach to deliver great patient care in the South East Region.
This position is full time, Monday - Friday 7A -3:30P, with call and rotating weekends. Enjoy an 18%-night shift differential and a flat rate $1/hour weekend shift differential.
Banner Casa Grande Medical Center is a 150+ bed acute-care hospital located midway between Phoenix and Tucson, Ariz. The communities around Banner Casa Grande are experiencing significant growth and our hospital is growing with it. In the past five years, a $25 million expansion was completed. Departmental renovations and updates are ongoing, the newest addition being our Interventional Cardiology program. As the newest addition to Banner Health, one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, you'll have access to a vast network of colleagues and expanded access to career opportunities.
POSITION SUMMARY This position assists with prescribed endoscopic procedures in accordance with department/facility policies, procedures and protocols. This position ensures optimal care/treatment to patient population.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Assists with case preparation, pulls appropriate instruments and supplies. May assists with maintaining the accurate information on preference cards. Reviews case for procedural needs and ensures the correct diagnostic and therapeutic devices are available.
2. Assists in performing endoscopic procedures in accordance with departmental policies and procedures. Anticipates and prepares for changing needs.
3. Demonstrates the principles of aseptic technique and universal precautions throughout the procedure. Disposes of sharps and trash. Responsible for the cleaning, disinfection, sterilization and storage of scopes and reusable devices. Ensures that unused supplies are returned appropriately.
4. Demonstrates knowledge of all diagnostic and therapeutic equipment, assists with the proper set up of appropriate equipment and positioning devices/patients in procedures rooms. Assist with the cleaning/stocking of procedure rooms and carts.
5. Supports the operations of the department by assisting with clerical duties as needed.
6. This position works under direct supervision and follows pre-established procedures and protocols. Internal customers are patients and all levels of staff. External customers may include practicing physicians and patient families.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Certification for BLS is required.
This position requires clinical knowledge normally associated with 1 - 2 years of previous experience in a health care setting. Must demonstrate effective organizational, communication and human relations skills.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.