Medical Assistant MA Apprenticeship Northern Colorado
Location: Timnath, Colorado
Internal Number: R99026
Primary Location Salary Range:
$15.61/hr - $23.41/hr, based on education & experience
In accordance with Colorado???s EPEWA Equal Pay Transparency Rules.
Help move health care into the future. At Banner Health we are changing health care to make the experience the best it can be. If that sounds like something you want to be part of, apply today.
Clinic location will be in any NOCO PCP clinic FM/IM/Peds/OBGYN in all cities Johnstown, Berthoud, Eaton, Wellington, Timnath, Loveland, Fort Collins or Greeley.
Schedule: Hours would be between 7am-5pm, Monday - Friday depending on the need. Will work in clinic's 29 hours a week and go to Front Range Community College one day a week and 3 hours on Saturday's for skills lab. Banner will pay apprentice for the 8 hour in person class and 3 hour Saturday labs.
Day To Day: While in clinic's will function as a Physician Practice Assistant (rooming, vitals, clean rooms) and working 1:1 with a preceptor to learn MA duties. Program is 20 weeks and there is an 18 month commitment to stay with Banner after program is completed
Earn While You Learn with our Paid Medical Assistant Apprenticeship ??? Apprentices will learn clinical skills and administrative medical office procedures during this 20-week paid Medical Assistant Apprenticeship. This program will qualify you to sit for the National Certified Clinical Medical Assistant exam. Students who successfully complete the program are eligible to transition to a permanent position with one of our Banner Medical Clinic teams. You will also receive full tuition support and certification fee reimbursement to help offset the costs associates with this program.
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Colorado and Wyoming, to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
This position provides a variety of administrative and clinical support functions which contribute to the overall efficient operation of the clinic and serves as part of the care team. Responsible for performing duties that are taught with onsite education and training. Provides outstanding customer service and ensures a smooth patient flow process by providing services in admissions, scheduling patients, paperwork completion, and communication between providers and other clinical support staff.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Collects patient data in the intake process, escorts patients back to the patient exam rooms, takes vitals. and documents all interactions according to policy. Communicates and reports condition of patient which may be indicative of change in the patient's condition to the provider and ensures findings are accurately documented in the medical record.
2. Assists patients and their families with completing documents and initiates interpreter services for those with communication barriers. Uses discretion and is attentive to issues of HIPAA. Processes patient specific documents according to HIMS guidelines including identifying and placing manual barcodes on documents. Follows guidelines to assist with preparing medical records for the next day.
3. Maintains a clean, orderly, and well-stocked environment in accordance with infection prevention standards. May assist in room set-up and tray set-up dependent on specialty and needs of the department and under the direct supervision of a licensed professional.
4. Receives incoming calls from both internal and external lines, documents messages and routes to appropriate clinical staff, transferring calls when necessary. Provides support to include, pick-up/prioritizing/distributing mail, completing purchase requests, ordering supplies/forms, maintaining and re-stocking lobbies. ??
5. Ensures documentation in medical records are complete. Assists in facilitating requests for patient medical records from hospitals, practice offices and other ancillary. Follows guidelines and assists in developing procedures to ensure that medical records are in compliance with all state and federal laws.
6. Optimizes patient flow by using effective customer service communication skills utilizing kindness, tact and courtesy to ensure positive patient response to service. Demonstrates proactive interpersonal communications skills when relating to internal and external customers. Uses discretion and is attentive to issues of customer confidentiality. Demonstrates skills in pro-active resolution and attempts to resolve scheduling conflicts.
High school diploma/GED or equivalent working knowledge.
Current BLS certification is required.
Requires skills and abilities typically attained with 6 months of healthcare experience. Must possess excellent organizational skills, as well as effective human relations and communication skills. Computer literacy and keyboarding skills required.
Working knowledge of medical terminology preferred.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.