Find your path in health care. Banner Health is committed to not only providing the finest care possible, but to advancing the way care is provided. To achieve our vision, we seek out professionals who embrace change and who possess the passion and skills to make it happen. Apply today.
As the Exercise Physiologist working with the Population Health management team, you will be providing education via the telephone on the benefits of physical activity on managing and preventing chronic disease, including diabetes and cardiovascular issues.??
This is a full time, remote opportunity. There may be the occasional in person meetings. The work schedule is 8 hours daily, either 8AM to 4:30PM or 8:30AM to 5PM. No weekends or Banner recognized holidays.
Banner Health Network (BHN) is an accountable care organization that joins Arizona's largest health care provider, Banner Health, and an extensive network of primary care and specialty physicians to provide the most comprehensive healthcare solutions for Maricopa County and parts of Pinal County. Through BHN, known nationally as an innovative leader in new health care models, insurance plans and physicians are coming together to work collaboratively to keep members in optimal health, while reducing costs.
POSITION SUMMARY This position provides assessment, treatment, and education to cardiac patients and their families during rehabilitation. This position writes exercise prescriptions to progress patients through rehabilitation.
CORE FUNCTIONS 1. Evaluates patients functional abilities and limitations to determine appropriate intervention. Develops a plan of care and exercise goals, as ordered by physician or other referral source.
2. Implements individualized exercise plans that consider patients??? physical and age-specific needs and abilities. Ensures that treatment plans are supported by standard practices and/or current literature. Re-evaluates treatment plans, as needed, to ensure safety and maximum patient benefit.
3. Educates patients, family, and other care providers to promote patient participation and attainment of exercise program goals. Provides individualized home programs with clear instructions. Instructs patients and families in pathology, discharge guidelines, risk factor modification, and exercise individually and through classes.
4. Documents patient treatment according to professional and regulatory standards.
5. Participates in the provision of training to other staff and students.
6. Follows plan of care to accomplish functions within established procedures and scope of practice. Makes independent judgments based on specialized knowledge. Confers with supervisor on any unusual situations. Internal customers: All levels of nursing management and staff, medical staff, and all other members of the interdisciplinary health care team. External Customers: Physician offices, patient families, third party payers, and medical supply companies.
Requires a level of clinical knowledge as normally obtained through the completion of a Bachelor???s degree in exercise/physiology or related field.
Requires the ability to work collaboratively with physicians and other healthcare providers. Must have strong interpersonal communications and human relation skills.
Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS).
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
What might draw you to Banner Health? A great health care career, of course—and a great place to live, no matter what stage of life you’re in. With facilities across the West, there is a health care career for everyone, from big city living in the Phoenix area to friendly small towns in the mountains and plains. As one of the largest nonprofit health systems in the country, Banner Health offers both the stability that comes with success and the possibility of exploring new areas of the country. If you’re looking to be a key contributor to a forward-looking organization, you’ll experience a wide variety of professional advantages:
Our expansive system offers you an unmatched variety of clinical settings – from large urban trauma center to small rural hospital, ambulatory to home health.
Our commitment to healthcare innovation means you always have the latest technologies at your fingertips to help you provide the finest care possible.
The size, success and growth of our system provide you with the stability and options to pursue your desired career path.
Competitive compensation and comprehensive benefits offer you options to complement your unique needs.