Location: Fairbanks, Alaska
Mental Health/Social Services
Foundation Health Partners:
Foundation Health Partners is a community-owned and operated health system in Fairbanks, Alaska, comprised of 3 facilities, including Fairbanks Memorial Hospital, Tanana Valley Clinic, and Denali Center, a long-term care facility. As the most advanced medical facility for hundreds of miles, we are highly committed to treating the medical needs of everyone who comes through our doors.
FHP is proud to offer its providers:
- Professional autonomy and clinical work freedom.
- Strong commitment to work-life balance. Not just words, our leadership values your time.
- Comprehensive benefits package and a competitive base salary with scalable income opportunities.
- Paid CME/licensure and malpractice insurance.
- Opportunity to collaborate with the state's most extensive multidisciplinary health system.
- Consult, collaborate, and access Mayo Clinic resources through FHP's partnership with Mayo Clinic Care Network
- EMR goal - one patient, one chart, one bill.
- 501(c)(3) non-profit status = eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF).
Submit your CV for consideration to Mikki Bateman, Provider Recruiter, at 907-458-2729 or email@example.com Visit our website at Physicians of Foundation Health Partners - Foundationhealthpartners Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer.
Living in Fairbanks:
As the second largest city in Alaska, Fairbanks offers a unique blend of large town amenities, breathtaking landscapes, and plenty of wide-open space, making this community one of the most special in the country. With a rich history and plentiful diversity, Fairbanks is proud to be called the Golden Heart City, and only once you visit will you understand the name to be true.
- Second largest city in Alaska at 100,000 residents.
- College Town - University of Alaska Fairbanks, UAF Community & Technical College
- Military Community - Ft. Wainwright Army Post & Eielson Air Force Base.
- 23 Elementary Schools | 4 Middle Schools | 5 High Schools | robust youth sports programs
- No state income tax and no sales tax.
Summer activities: Midnight sun, hiking, fishing, camping, gold panning, kayaking, berry picking, community-wide festivals, and events.
Winter activities: Northern lights, skiing, snowshoeing, snowmobiling, hockey, curling, ice fishing, dog mushing, hunting, ice art, etc.
- Daily job duties and expectations
- Provide individual psychotherapy for patients referred from internal and external providers in the Fairbanks community.
- Clinical Support
- Briefly screen new patient referrals and work with registration to schedule
- Maintain waitlist for openings
- Identify patient access based on template availability
- Scheduling/Check-in coverage provided by registration representative
- Panel management provided by clinical staff
- Schedule (weekly and daily)
- Patients per day
A doctoral degree in a field of study in or related to the field of psychology is required.
Current licensure as a psychologist as required by the state in which services are provided Eligible for affiliate medical staff membership at various facilities.
Knowledge of personality dynamics; principles of life span development; abnormal psychology; psychological tests and measurements; DSM-IV diagnostic criteria/methods; basic principles of neuropsychology and health psychology; principles of learning; behavior modification; individual, family and group psychotherapy techniques; and research methods required. These basic abilities are learned through graduate studies and the completion of 2000 hours of internship training, with expertise acquired via experience. Graduate training and experience should include evaluation and treatment methods with individuals ranging from age 5 through geriatric populations.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.
Foundation Health Partners is an EEO/AAP employer; qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status.