$10,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates
For those who want to invent the future of health care, here's your opportunity. We're going beyond basic care to health programs integrated across the entire continuum of care. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Under general supervision of the ASC Director and OR manager and under direct supervision of the OR Charge Nurse, the Staff Registered Nurse (RN), is responsible for the safety of the patient while in the OR (Operating Room) and assists with the supervision of nonprofessional personnel in the area. By assessment of the individual patient and procedure, RN anticipates the needs of the surgical team and provides such services while maintaining an aseptic and safe environment.
- Assesses the health status of the patient in order to develop an individualized plan of care by collecting, categorizing and interpreting data (physical and psychosocial) from documented information, observation, patient/family interview and other health care team members
- Develops a nursing care plan based on the assessment of the patient that included nursing diagnosis, patient goals and nursing interventions necessary to achieve these goals
- Implements the nursing care plan to provide optimal individualized care for the patient
- Instructs the patient and family to assist the patient in the achievement of optimal health status
- Documents nursing activities to provide a permanent record, for continuity of care, quality improvement and professional accountability
- Identifies the patient to ensure that the patient, procedure and operative site correspond
- Plans, supervises, and assists with the transfer and transport of the patient to protect the patient and personnel from injury
- Positions the patient to provide access to the operative site while maximizing patient safety and comfort
- Establishes and maintains a surgically clean environment to reduce the potential for infection by applying the principles of antisepsis, decontamination, disinfection, sanitation, sterilization, and environmental monitoring
- Establishes and maintains a sterile field to reduce potential for infection by teaching and supervising the application of principles of aseptic technique and continual monitoring of the sterile field
- Establishes and maintains a safe environment to protect the patient and the health care team by monitoring the patient (physiologically and psychologically) and the environment and by implementing safety procedures
- Coordinates support services needed during surgery by anticipating and communicating patient and surgical team needs
- Communicates information to patient/family
- Organizes and coordinates supplies, equipment, and team members to maintain an efficient, effective and safe intraoperative environment through ongoing patient and situation assessment, priority setting, procurement of supplies and arrangement of equipment, by teaching, directing, communicating and collaborating with health care team members and support service personnel
- Communicates information to recovery room personnel to promote continuity of care
- Evaluates effectiveness of nursing care to determine degree of goal attainment by comparing patient outcomes with patient goals
- Evaluates products to determine their safety, effectiveness, use and cost effectiveness
- Executes nursing activities to provide life support in an emergency situation by taking appropriate action and/or providing direction/assistance to health care team members
- Initiates appropriate intraoperative behaviors as a circulator/scrub
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Graduate from an accredited school of Nursing
- Active Registered Nurse license through the Washington State Department of Health
- Basic Life Support for Healthcare providers (AHA) or CPR/AED for the Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 2+ years of perioperative nursing experience, i.e. scrubbing and circulating
- IV skills or certification
- Demonstrated achievement of performance standards for intraoperative nursing according to AORN (Association of perioperative Registered Nurses) standards of practice
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers at OptumCare. We're on a mission to change the face of health care. As the largest health and wellness business in the US, we help 58 million people navigate the health care system, finance their health care needs and achieve their health and well-being goals. Fortunately, we have a team of the best and brightest minds on the planet to make it happen. Together we're creating the most innovative ideas and comprehensive strategies to help heal the health care system and create a brighter future for us all. Join us and learn why there is no better place to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Washington Residents Only: The hourly range for Washington residents is $27.07 to $53.08. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.