Optum is a global organization that delivers care, aided by technology to help millions of people live healthier lives. The work you do with our team will directly improve health outcomes by connecting people with the care, pharmacy benefits, data and resources they need to feel their best. Come make an impact on the communities we serve as we help advance health equity on a global scale. Here, you will find talented peers, comprehensive benefits, a culture guided by diversity and inclusion, career growth opportunities and your life's best work.(sm)
- Reviews medication orders and evaluates appropriateness and completeness of orders with consideration given to the special needs and behaviors of the specific age group served
- Verifies all prescriptions not directly received from the prescriber or physician’s agent
- Provide oversight of the safety; appropriateness, and effectiveness of the pharmaceutical care provide to patients (consumers) as it relates to specialty products dispensed
- Assesses the patient at the initiation of drug therapy, develops a patient care plan and drug monitoring regimen and monitors the patient according to the care plan throughout the course of therapy
- Communicates with the patient, physician, nursing staff, other pharmacists, and other members of the health care team regarding patient status, response to therapy and clinical objectives to ensure clinical outcomes are met
- When required, compounds intravenous and specialty pharmaceuticals in an aseptic fashion according to established State Board of Pharmacy, Federal, USP 797 sterile guidelines and company policy. Knowledgeable of the proper use and handling of both sterile and hazardous medications. Compounds and handles sterile and hazardous medications in accordance with established guidelines and regulations
- Ensures compliance with all FDA, DEA, State Board of Pharmacy, OSHA and other regulatory standards. Follows all department policies and procedures
- Provides oversight of pharmacy technician and pharmacy support staff
- Claims adjudication
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- BS in pharmacy or PharmD degree
- Pharmacist license in good standing in Ohio
- 1+ years of experience as a Pharmacist in Retail Pharmacy, a hospital, or managed care setting
- Solid drug product and clinical pharmacy knowledge
- Computer and typing proficiency, including MS Word
- Ability to participate in the on-call rotation and, when applicable, after-hours prescription dispensing
- 3+ years of experience as a Pharmacist in a retail pharmacy, a hospital, or managed care setting
- 1+ years of experience in home infusion therapies
- Experience developing or operationalizing medication clinical guidelines and / or formulary development
- Experience working within a managed healthcare
- Knowledgeable in various infusion related therapies and ability to work through the complexity of therapy related orders
- Knowledge of CPR+ software
- Parenteral nutrition knowledge
- Ability to fill medication orders accurately and in a timely manner
- Demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.