**$1,000 Sign On Bonus For External Candidates**
Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that is improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation is not about another gadget; it is about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There is no room for error. If you are looking for a better place to use your passion and your desire to drive change, this is the place to be. It's an opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Pediatric Associates of New London, ProHealth Physicians (OptumCare Co), has an immediate opening for a friendly, patient focused and detailed oriented LPN to join our team. The LPN position will be a full 40 hours, approximately from 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Monthly rotating Saturdays from 8:30 am - 12:00 pm. May be asked to float to other practices for coverage.
- Support the care team and its patients by providing and documenting nursing care following established standards and practices
- Provide patient care and education and assist in locating and coordinating services from other providers and resources
- Serve as liaison between patients, staff and providers
- Document all patient interactions and other clinical activities accurately and in a timely manner in the electronic health record (EHR)
- Demonstrate respect for patients and ProHealth staff by presenting a friendly, courteous manner at all times and maintaining patient confidentiality
- Provide attention to patients in a manner that builds confidence, trust, and loyalty
- Act as a member of the care team, including preparing patients to be seen by collecting and recording (as applicable):
- Patient vitals
- Current medications
- Chief complaint and history
- Triage patients according to approved protocols and consistent with ProHealth’s Appointment and Scheduling Guidelines. Answer and document patient phone calls; take complete messages and route to providers as needed using the EHR
- Provide and document patient care such as giving injections and performing preventive screenings
- Educate patients regarding their illness or injury and provide instruction regarding self-management of their condition
- Carry out standing orders (i.e., authorizing prescription refills and ordering tests) consistent with ProHealth’s policies and procedures
- Schedule tests, treatments and follow up visits on behalf of patients; assist patients with identifying suitable outside resources for disease management and other services; refer patients when appropriate
- As appropriate, conduct outreach to patients in need of appointments or other services, to communicate test results and other information, and to follow up after appointments to be sure patients are following their plan of care
- Monitor task list to respond to tasks in a timely manner, follow up on overdue orders and monitor status of critical referrals
- Order supplies and vaccines and maintain appropriate records. Prepare and maintain equipment including sterilization
- Conduct orientation of clinical support staff and provide training/coaching for staff related to clinical issues
- Maintain knowledge of current coding, OSHA and CLIA regulations and ProHealth policies
- Assist care team to assure smooth office operation and delivery of excellent service through teamwork
- Perform other duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Professional education, completion of the licensed practical nursing educational program
- Active unrestricted LPN licensure in CT or eligible
- Basic computer knowledge and aptitude
- Full COVID-19 vaccination is an essential job function of this role. Candidates located in states that mandate COVID-19 booster doses must also comply with those state requirements. UnitedHealth Group will adhere to all federal, state and local regulations as well as all client requirements and will obtain necessary proof of vaccination, and boosters when applicable, prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation
- 1+ years of post-licensure nursing experience
- Experience with Allscripts
- Experience working on an electronic health record
- Pediatric experience
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine by the medical practices or any of their physicians.
Connecticut Residents Only: The hourly range for Connecticut residents is $18.80 to $36.78. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
**PLEASE NOTE** The Sign-On Bonus is only available to external candidates. Candidates who are currently working for a UnitedHealth Group, UnitedHealthcare or a related entity in a full time, part time, or per diem basis ("Internal candidates") are not eligible to receive a Sign-On Bonus.
At UnitedHealth Group, our mission is to help people live healthier lives and make the health system work better for everyone. We believe everyone–of every race, gender, sexuality, age, location and income–deserves the opportunity to live their healthiest life. Today, however, there are still far too many barriers to good health which are disproportionately experienced by people of color, historically marginalized groups and those with lower incomes. We are committed to mitigating our impact on the environment and enabling and delivering equitable care that addresses health disparities and improves health outcomes — an enterprise priority reflected in our mission.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.