Location: Boise, Idaho
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
St. Luke's Health System in Boise is seeking a Security Officer 2 to join our team.
Position SummaryUnder limited/moderate supervision, the Security Officer 2 is responsible for the safety and well-being of patients, visitors, staff, and hospital property.
- Makes periodic tours of premises and grounds, examining doors, windows and gates to ensure that they are properly secured; guards property against damage, fire, theft, trespassing and illegal entry; controls access to health system facilities.
- Applies de-escalation tactics in working with high risk patients, ensuring patients do not harm themselves or others; participates in care plan for high risk individuals, including physical control within established parameters.
- Uses preventative patrol and loss prevention techniques; investigates incidents, collects data and reports security, safety and fire hazards.
- Investigates disturbances, may serve as liaison with police, and in the event of an emergency, maintains order and safety of personnel.
- Maintains daily log; maintains security equipment.
- Directs patrons or employees and answers questions relative to location of organization's services.
- May monitor patient, visitor and employee parking in garages, lots and zones, enforce parking regulations and issue parking citations when appropriate.
- Handles moderately complex issues and problems, and refers more complex issues to higher-level staff.
- Possesses solid working knowledge of subject matter.
- May provide leadership, coaching, and/or mentoring to subordinate group.
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Education: High School Diploma or GED.
- Experience: 2 years additional relevant experience.
- Licenses/Certifications: Valid driver's license in state of practice and proof of driver's insurance.
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
Known as the "City of Trees," Boise is Idaho's capital city--both a cultural center and a playground for those who love the outdoors. A vibrant downtown area affords fine dining, theatre, music, and college and semi-professional sports. Downtown Boise's main attractions include the Idaho State Capitol, the classic Egyptian Theatre, the Boise Art Museum, Julia Davis Park and Zoo Boise. The Greenbelt follows the beautiful Boise River corridor for more than 30 miles, and the Boise foothills are home to miles of hiking and biking trails.
Learn more about what the City of Trees has to offer you:
St. Luke's Health System | Boise Convention and Visitors Bureau | Boise Parks and Recreation | Boise Museum Association | Boise Music Festival | Boise Philharmonic | Downtown Boise Restaurants | Boise Valley Economic Partnership | Hyde Park events | Treefort Music Festival | First Thursdays | Alive After Five | Capitol City Public Market | Runs and Triathlons | Shakespeare Festival | Sawtooth National Forest | Visit Idaho.org
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.