Location: New York, New York
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
- Providers of compassionate, evidence-based nursing care to Oncology patients and families living with cancer in a healing and innovative environment Nursing at MSK
- A cultivator of innovation who crafts and champions new ways for the organization to be successful.
- Able to work effectively in an environment notable for complex, sometimes contradictory information.
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Eager to cultivate talent and support people in meeting their career goals and the organization's goals.
- Flexible in your approach and demeanor in order to align with the shifting demands of evolving circumstances.
- Engage, empower, and embrace the workforce while leading the delivery of exemplary Nursing Care in accordance with the mission, vision, value, and goals of MSK.
- Adhere to all regulatory standards and promote patient safety.
- Collaborate with physician, administrative, and interprofessional colleagues to implement all operational aspects of high-quality patient care delivery for the Plastics and Reconstruction, Dermatology, and MOHS Surgery teams.
- Provide cross-coverage to other services and units at the Center including:
- Hematologic Malignancies
- Adult Blood and Marrow Transplant
- Head and Neck
- Diagnostic Radiology
- Supervise Registered Nurses, and nursing support staff including PCTs and Medical Photographers, as well as management of Human Resource issues, including hiring, transfers, terminations, corrective action, onboarding, training, and development.
- Play a pivotal role in providing transformational leadership by building and sustaining a healthy work environment that supports and promotes excellence in patient care, clinical nursing practice, and patient safety.
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (MSN highly preferred)
- Related nursing certification required
- BLS for Healthcare Providers required
- NYS Registered Nurse (RN) license and registration
- A minimum of 5 years of recent, related clinical experience
- Shown leadership and outstanding communication skills essential
Hours: Monday - Friday (hours flexed between 7am - 7pm). Location : 530 East 74th (Koch)
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range $143,600.00- $237,000.00
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.