Location: New York, New York
Hospitality, Facility, Environmental Support
The people of Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) are united by a singular mission: ending cancer for life. Our specialized care teams provide personalized, compassionate, expert care to patients of all ages. Informed by basic research done at our Sloan Kettering Institute, scientists across MSK collaborate to conduct innovative translational and clinical research that is driving a revolution in our understanding of cancer as a disease and improving the ability to prevent, diagnose, and treat it. MSK is dedicated to training the next generation of scientists and clinicians, who go on to pursue our mission at MSK and around the globe. One of the world's most respected comprehensive centers devoted exclusively to cancer, we have been recognized as one of the top two cancer hospitals in the country by U.S. News & World Report for more than 30 years.
In compliance with applicable State regulatory authorities, COVID-19 vaccination is mandatory for all MSK staff. Staff are considered fully vaccinated upon completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19 (i.e., one dose of a single dose vaccine or a final dose of a multi-dose vaccine series). Exceptions from the COVID-19 vaccine requirement are permitted for those who request and receive an approved medical or fully remote exemption. Requests for medical exemption can take up to two weeks to review. Vaccination or an approved medical exemption is required to start work.
*Staff working at a MSK New Jersey location must be up to date with COVID-19 vaccination, which includes having completed the primary COVID-19 vaccination series and booster once eligible as mandated by New Jersey State. All New Jersey staff not yet eligible for a booster must receive a booster within 3 weeks of becoming eligible as a condition of continued employment at MSK.
Note: Individuals are eligible to receive a COVID-19 booster two months after completion of a primary vaccination series for COVID-19. Because vaccine-induced immunity can wane over time, MSK continues to strongly urge all staff to get a COVID-19 booster as soon as they become eligible to maintain their protective immunity for a longer period.
Are you an Executive Chef committed to delivering memorable hospitality through an impactful and well-executed culinary program? If so, this is the perfect role for you!
The Executive Chef at Memorial Sloan Kettering Cancer Center (MSK) is a management position in the Food and Nutrition Department that oversees a diverse team of talented and dedicated culinary professionals who continually go above and beyond to exceed expectations.
We are committed to the 3E's: excellent food, enhanced nutritional care, and exceptional hospitality. Without a doubt, the dining experience at MSK is one of a kind and it all begins with food. The key differentiator with respect to food quality is the integrity of our fresh food, which is thoughtfully sourced through partnerships with local vendors. Our experienced and advanced Clinical Nutrition Team provides medical nutrition therapy to our patients and collaborates with the Culinary Team to deliver exceptional service.
- Committed to high standards of food quality, presentation, safety, and productivity
- Motivated to provide memorable hospitality with honesty and integrity
- Driven to tackle new opportunities and challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and passion
- Adaptable in your approach and demeanor in real time to match the shifting demands of different situations
- A good decision maker, making timely decisions that keep the organization moving forward in achieving financial results and controlling costs
- Adept at planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals
- A leader who has a strong sense for operations and is driven by results
- Visionary who is on top of current food service industry trends
- Thrive on the positive development and mentoring of others
- Guide and provide consistent support of our culinary operations and food production for an upscale patient room service program, retail dining, and catering across MSK. These activities include cost-effective menu planning, recipe development, enhanced plate presentation, food costing, testing and standardization, forecasting, maintaining systems to monitor ingredient control and production levels
- Coordinate food preparation demonstrations for patient groups, and Sustainability programs
- Educate, coach, and train employees by creating a shared understanding and development plans
- Maintain the regulatory standards of the Joint Commission, NY City, and NY State Departments of Health. Develop and maintain a HACCP program
- Collaborate with clinical dietitians, where necessary
- Manage the Department's Sanitation and Food Safety Program
- Enthusiasm for MSK's mission and dedication to patient experience
- Proven leadership experience managing, motivating, and developing teams and business operations
- 3+ years of Executive Chef experience in a high volume Hospitality or Healthcare environment
- Advanced Culinary Degree respected though not required
- Room service culinary experience
- At least 3 years in a management role preferred
- Preferred NYC Food Protection Certification and Servsafe Certification; or able to obtain within 6 months of hire
#LI-POST Location : 1275 York Avenue, NY
Are you ready to learn more about our Benefits?
Pay Range $107,400.00-$171,800.00 * Open to relocating to NYC? we can assist with a $5,000 - $10,000 sign-on bonus depending on your region
This role is also eligible for an up to 8% bonus structure subject to any changes in MSK's compensation structure
Please click to learn more about MSK's compensation philosophy.
MSK is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer committed to diversity and inclusion in all aspects of recruiting and employment. All qualified individuals are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration without regard to race, color, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, age, religion, creed, disability, veteran status or any other factor which cannot lawfully be used as a basis for an employment decision.
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. Please tell us if you require a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or to perform your job. Examples of reasonable accommodation include making a change to the application process or work procedures, providing documents in an alternate format, using a sign language interpreter, or using specialized equipment.