JOB SUMMARY: The Lead IT Business Analyst, serves as a Scrum Master, agile coach for team(s), and lead for IT business analysts. This position uses technology to facilitate inter-company communications and interactions with business stakeholders. The Lead IT Business Analyst role is to develop parameters for successful IT systems, oversee their operations and provide consultations on what kind of features or modifications would best serve the company's strategic goals. The Lead IT Business Analyst helps connect IT staff with company leadership, interpreting the stakeholders? business goals into specific deliverables, then overseeing their technical development analyzing the flow of data and predict what changes in infrastructure are necessary as the business grows.
1. Education/Specialized Training/Licensure: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Systems Engineering, related fields or four (4) years of related work experience may substitute for the bachelor's degree.
Certification in Agile Practices (CSM, PSM etc. preferred)
2. Work Experience (Years and Area): 5 years of experience as a technical business analyst or equivalent role with 3 years of experience as a scrum master or other relevant experience
3. Management Experience (Years and Area): N/A
4. Software Operated: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook) and Visio
5. Other Requirements:
- Strong understanding of Agile Frameworks and Principles and ability to lead agile projects
-Familiar with SAFe concepts
-Good understanding of application and data integration concepts and ability to easily work with varying data structures and file formats
- Strong business analysis and analytical, problem-solving, organization, and customer service skills.
- Strong communication and presentation skills (both oral and written).
- Ability to work independently and be effective in ambiguous and/or changing situations.
- Ability to understand business needs decompose into user stories and other backlog items.
-Ability to lead requirements gathering and ensuring alignment to the desire business outcome and value.
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with team members and ensure workload aligns with solution design.
Ability to perform data mapping activities as needed.
Familiar with SQL can write basic queries.
Good technical aptitude
1. Communication Skills:
Above Average Verbal (Heavy Public Contact)
Writing /Composing: Correspondence / Reports
2. Other Skills: Analytical, Design, MS Word, MS Excel
3. Advanced Education:
Advanced Training Specialty: Certification in Agile Practices (CSM, PSM etc.)
Bachelor's Degree Major: Bachelor's Degree in Business, Information Technology, Computer Information Systems, Systems Engineering, related fields preferred
4. Work Schedule: Flexible
RESPONSIBLE TO: Director
EMPLOYEE SUPERVISED: None