Location: Addison, Texas
Internal Number: REQ-021810
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position Qualifications:
You are the definition detail-oriented. You've got great typing skills, a sense of urgency, and the caring confidence that comes with knowing there's a patient behind every specimen. You're also looking for great benefits, the support of an all-star team, and an opportunity to grow your career.
Join our front line of #HealthcareHeroes! Our mission is to advance the health and wellbeing of our communities as a leader in clinical laboratory solutions. Quality is in our DNA -- is it in yours?
Location: Addison, Texas
Hours: 2nd Shift
In this role, you will:
- Perform a vital part of the patient care process by making sure laboratory specimens are properly received and routed for testing.
- Data enter lab requests, double-check test orders, and recognize when corrective action is needed.
- Work in a laboratory environment with biological hazards and PPE requirements.
- Champion safety, compliance, and quality control.
- Help patients without being face-to-face!
All you need is:
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Strong reading, writing, and analytical skills
- Typing proficiency, including 10-key
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Bonus points if you've got:
- 2+ years of laboratory training or experience in specimen collection and processing
- Data entry experience in a production environment
We'll give you:
- Appreciation for your work
- A feeling of satisfaction that you've helped people
- Opportunity to grow in your profession
- Free lab services for you and your dependents
- Work-life balance, including Paid Time Off and Paid Holidays
- Competitive benefits including medical, dental, and vision insurance
- Help saving for retirement, with a 401(k) plus a company match
- A sense of belonging - we're a community!
We also want you to know:
This role will have routine access to Protected Health Information (PHI). Employees will be trained on reasonable safeguards and are expected to maintain strict confidentiality, as well as abide by all applicable privacy and security standards. Employees are expected only to access PHI when it is required to fulfill job duties.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:
2nd Shift (United States of America)
Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.
Sonic Healthcare USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.