Location: Jacksonville, Florida
Nemours is seeking an Intern (Clinical Applications - Ambulatory), Part-Time, to join our Nemours Children's Health team in Jacksonville, Florida.
The part-time Clinical Applications Intern will work with the Clinical Applications management team, analysts and clinical end-users. The initial focus of these efforts will be processing requests, workflow and process verification, information gathering, and documentation review.
The Clinical Applications Intern will report to the Clinical Applications Manager and work closely with the Clinical Applications analysts. They will process requests and tasks as designated by the leadership team. They will communicate with leadership in an effort to improve workflow and process efficiencies. The Clinical Applications Intern will focus on tasks and associated shadowing to enhance their health informatics experience.
- Process standard requests as designated by Clinical Applications leadership
- Document request resolutions
- Review completed tasks with Clinical Applications leadership
Process and Workflow Verification:
- Review standard workflows and document discrepancies
- Review and test standard processes and document discrepancies
- Partner with Clinical Applications leadership and analysts to address discrepancies
- Work with Clinical Applications leadership, analysts, and users to gather information as required for issue resolution
- Review existing documentation tools
- Create new documentation tools to address process and workflow discrepancies
- High School Diploma required. Some college required as well as an interest in informatics area.
- Ability to collect and analyze usability information
- Effective communicator
- Self-starter that does not require task-level management
- Must be comfortable interacting with clinicians and patient families