Location: Boise, Idaho
St. Luke's is seeking motivated individuals who are interested in pursuing a career as a
PAID Pharmacy Technician Apprenticeship Program
to prepare you for employment opportunities within St. Luke's Health System's Pharmacy Department.
Our program is a ten-week apprenticeship class that is designed to provide our apprentices with the knowledge and skills to be successful in their careers as pharmacy technicians in the multiple practice settings offered at St. Luke's including: hospital, clinic, retail/outpatient, transitions of care, infusion, medication access, and specialty pharmacies.
Our philosophy is to learn in a classroom environment, practice through simulated labs, and do in actual patient-centered pharmacies. This program is also designed to help prepare the apprentices to sit for a Pharmacy Technician Certification exam. The Pharmacy Technician Apprentice is in training to serve as a pharmacy technician. Activities of the technician apprentice are under the supervision and direction of the Pharmacy Technician Training Program Coordinator.
This temporary position is intended to allow the temporary employee to obtain the required certifications for a Pharmacy Technician position within the St. Luke's Health System.
The Pharmacy Technician Apprentice Program starts monthly. This announcement is intended to fill the August, September, and October 2023 classes.
Monday - Friday 7am-3:30pm
Position is temporary in status - not eligible for benefits
Upon graduating the class, apprentices are transferred into full-time Pharmacy Technician 1's in our Pharmacy Tech Resource Pool. Pharmacy Technicians are regular, benefits eligible positions.
Pay Rate - Pharmacy Tech Apprentice - minimum $16.20
Pay Rate - Pharmacy Tech 1 - minimum $16.48 + shift differentials
- Participate in all didactic/classroom, lab, and experiential training as designated by the program curriculum
- Perform the following tasks under supervision:
- Compound, prepare and process medications/medication orders for final verification by the pharmacist
- Refill automated dispensing devices, dispensing technology in the medical center
- Order, receive, store incoming medications and supplies
- Utilize computer information systems to support pharmacy processes
- Complete required cleaning, monitoring, logs, recalls and outdates to established standards
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Must be 18 years of age
Why St. Luke's
A strong, talented staff is at the heart of St. Luke's Health System. We are the state's largest employer with more than 15,000 employees and a medical staff of more than 1,800 physicians and advanced practice providers. We're proud of our people who deliver skilled, compassionate care every day, and are looking to add dedicated individuals who will continue this same tradition of excellence.
*St. Luke's is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate against any person on the basis of race, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status or condition protected by law.